Sunday School (for all ages)
Our Sunday School ministry, is one of the most vital ministries of our church. Our Sunday School ministry is made up of Sunday School classes (for all ages). In these classes, we have the opportunity to explore God’s Word and find its application to our daily living. We also develop personal relationships with fellow believers. It’s hard to live a victorious Christian lifestyle without the support and encouragement from close friends. Friendships such as these most often begin in Sunday School.
Here are 6 reasons why Sunday School is so important for our Christian lifestyle:
1. Sunday School improves your Bible knowledge. When you know and understand God’s Word for yourself, you are more likely to obey the Lord. The Bible knowledge gained in Sunday School also helps you become more proficient in using God’s Word, the Bible.
2. Sunday School assists your spiritual growth. Think of Sunday School teachers and class members who have modeled the Christian life. You learned from their examples how to live for Jesus. Most importantly, spiritual growth often occurs best in the context of small group Bible study. That’s Sunday School.
3. Sunday School provides a “place to belong.” In a Sunday School class you are known, personally recognized and transparency is more likely to occur. You can share needs and concerns from your life. As you participate in class discussions, you become part of the group.
4. Sunday School helps you build meaningful relationships. You meet people, learn their names, hear their stories, and meet their families. You share fellowship times with class members. You minister alongside others.
5. Sunday School gives you opportunities to serve and minister. Contacts with sometimes “unchurched prospects” gives you the privilege of sharing your faith. You show the love of Jesus by ministering to class members who have needs.
6. Sunday School has a place for the whole family. In one trip to church your entire family can participate in the important purposes of Bible study, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism. You gain the assurance of knowing every member of your family is involved in weekly Bible study, which is growing their Bible knowledge and helping them grow spiritually.
Sunday School Classes and Teachers
3's - 1st Grade - Teacher Mary Bebout
2nd - 5th Grades - Teacher Cheri Allen
Jr./Sr. High - Teacher Terri Swan
College Age/Adult - Teacher Doug Swan
Women's Group - Teacher Eileen Pratt
Senior Adult - Teacher Mike Allen
We hope you and your family will join us this Sunday morning at 9:30 am for Sunday School!